The Foundation Programme in Modern Kadampa Buddhism is open to anyone who would like an opportunity to deepen their understanding and experience of Buddhism through a formal and systematic study of six texts.
The Foundation Programme is now studying the book Joyful Path of Good Fortune.
In this section we will learn about the Buddhist path to full enlightenment, including extensive explanation of topics such as:
- How to enter the Mahayana Path
- Developing the supreme good heart, bodhichitta
- Training the mind in tranquil abiding, the essence of concentration
- Training the mind in superior seeing, the essence of wisdom
- The Vajrayana Paths
With Joyful Path of Good Fortune, Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche offers us step-by-step guidance on the meditation practices that will lead us to lasting inner peace and happiness. This is a perfect guidebook to the Buddhist path.
This book gives a clear and comprehensive explanation of the entire path to enlightenment. We all have the potential for self-transformation, and a limitless capacity for the growth of good qualities, but to fulfil this potential we need to know what to do along every stage of our spiritual journey.
- A structured programme to help establish a regular meditation practice
- A deeper understanding of the meditations themselves
- The support of a spiritual community for your personal spiritual growth
- An opportunity to discuss and ask questions with experienced practitioners
- Gain the ability to integrate Buddha’s teachings into our daily lives and solve all our human problems
The Foundation Programme class is held once a week on Saturdays at 1.30-5pm with 30min break between. When you enrol for the programme you are enrolling to complete the study of the complete section of the book. However, there are many breaks throughout the year for holidays, special events etc.
Fees: $80 per calendar month throughout the year (includes unlimited weekly GP classes and all FP classes).
What Happens at a class
Prior to class, students study an assigned portion of the text, usually a few pages long, and memorize the essential points. The class begins with chanted prayers and a guided meditation. The Teacher then reads the assigned selection from the book while giving commentary to the text. The students then divide into pairs to discuss the material. The teacher and students conclude by deciding how to practice during the coming week.
Open for those who cannot attend the live classes due to work or family commitments, student are able to study from home via recordings of the classes. Students enrol for one section of the book at a time and to ensure the success of their studies they are asked to keep the same commitments as students attending the live classes (see above). From time to time, when convenient, they can visit the Centre to receive an oral transmission of the root text from the Teacher.
To sign up for the trial, email: