Mar 25, Apr 01, 08 : 7.30pm - 8.30pm
In this 3-week meditation course, learn about the basics and benefits of meditation and the practices of mindfulness. This is a perfect introduction to the topic and provides you with practical techniques that you can practice at home to bring about a more peaceful, clear and relaxed mind. This course is perfectly suitable for beginners.
There are many documented benefits that come from engaging in meditation on a regular basis, including improved mental clarity, reduced stress & anxiety, increased inner peace & wellbeing, improved sleep, and generally having a more relaxed and positive outlook on life to name but a few.
On this course you will learn:
- The basics of meditation - posture, motivation, and different types of meditation
- Simple guided meditations that can be practiced daily to develop and maintain a special experience of inner peace
- How to use mindfulness to carry the benefits of meditation into your day
"When the turbulence of distracting thoughts subsides and our mind becomes still, a deep happiness and contentment naturally arises from within." - Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche, How to Transform Your Life
What to expect in the meditation class:
- 60 min class
- 5 min Liberating Prayer
- 5 min Introduction
- 15-20 min Breathing Meditation
- 10 min Meditation Instruction
- 15-20 min Guided Meditation
- Seating: Chairs & floor cushions available
- No dress code, wear something that's comfortable for you
About the Teacher:
Kelsang Rabka was appointed as the Resident Teacher of KMC Singapore in mid-2020. He is an Australian Buddhist monk who has been studying and practising Kadampa Buddhism with Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche and his senior disciples for 12 years and has taught both in Australia and the UK.
The clarity and warmth in his teachings have helped many students experience the practical benefits of modern Kadampa Buddhism in their daily lives.