Free Public Talk
May 19 (Vesak Day)
10am - 12pm
Meditation and mindfulness for a pure and happy life.
with Resident Teacher Gen Kelsang Drolkyi
Buddhist teaching explains that even though there is a lot of material progress and technological development in the world, an endless pursuit of happiness from external things and a heavy reliance on external stimulation has left us with little room in our mind to experience real peace and clarity. Learn how to:
- Simplify our life, our needs and our responsibilities.
- Practise simple daily meditation.
- Understand which minds drive us to complicate things.
- Adopt a healthier mindset.
By making these changes our mind will naturally become clear and peaceful and we will gradually find a joyful direction in life.
Come along and learn how to transform your mind and your life!
There will also be an opportunity to make fruit and light offerings to Buddhas and we will be offering free vegetarian food in our World Peace Cafe, which is below the meditation hall.
Everyone is welcome to join us for this auspicious event.
Event is free but places are limited so please reserve your place.
- 10.00 Free Talk
- 11.00 - 11.15 Short Break and Opportunity to make offerings
- 11.15 - 12.00 Prayers and Guided Meditation
- 12.00 - 2pm Free Vegetarian Lunch